Monday, December 9, 2013

God is Always There

Ia Ora Na to'u utuafare!

It's crazy to think that there's snow there, ha!  It's super weird that it's getting close to Christmas!  One family had a little Christmas tree up and I was super confused why, and then I remembered that it's December, ha!  But, it really is such an amazing time of year!  Not a whole lot exciting happened, but we are speaking a lot more Tahitian than before!  I can't understand very much in Tahitian, but it's coming ha!  I don't know if it was serious or not, but I heard a crazy Tahitian thought that pieces of Enoch's city fell when it was lifted up into heaven with giants on them and that's how Tahiti was made! 

We climbed some coconut trees!
This week, I had a pretty crazy experience when I was on a split.  We didn't have a lesson with anyone, but we felt like we should visit one of our investigators, Teroo, Tetua, and Temeehu.  We had challenged them to baptism a couple days before and had asked them to pray for an answer.  So, we started with just answering their questions and talking about what they liked in the scriptures they had read and then talked about if they had prayed yet.  They hadn't prayed and we ended up talking about how this baptism is different because they didn't understand why they needed to get baptized again.  Everything went pretty well, but nothing crazy yet ha.  But, at the end of the lesson, the member that was with me on the split invited them to ask a question and then open up to a random page in the Book of Mormon and it would answer their questions.  Teroo did it and he found that his calling in life is to be a missionary and gather the lost sheep.  And the mom, Tetua, asked where she was going after this life.  She turned to a scripture that said she wasn't going to a very good place.  So, we had her ask another question.  Naturally, she asked if there was anything she could do to change that.  She turned to another scripture that said to repent and obey the servants of the Lord!  Those are some pretty powerful words!  But, God knew that it wouldn't turn her heart away from His gospel, but towards Him!  I've seen her heart change so much this week.  It's a miracle!  I know that God knows her and loves her!  God gave her those scriptures to help her soften her heart and come unto Him!  I know that God loves all of us!  And, He is ALWAYS there for us!  He wants us to be happy now and for eternity!  And He wants to help us every step of the way!  

One of my favorite lines in Preach My Gospel in Tahitian says God is sad when we suffer and He is happy when we are well!  During trials, a lot of people think that God isn't there or He is mad at them.  But, if anything, He's there more when times are hard and we're hurting!  God's whole goal, everything that He does, is to help us be happy!  I know this church is true!  And, I know that, by following it's teaching, we can be happy now and for eternity!  I love you all so much!  Thanks for all you do!  Can't wait to talk to you at Christmas!

Ua here au ia outou!

Elder Jessop
  

No comments:

Post a Comment