Monday, December 30, 2013

FHE Miracle

Ia Ora Na!


A Pretty Sunset
It was so good to talk to you and "see" you haha!

A picture of a crab we caught 
This week, we had a cool little miracle happen!  A couple weeks ago, we had a family home evening with a memeber and their family who weren't members.  There was the brother and his girlfriend and the papi of the family.  The family home evening went well until the end.  At the end, the papi went off about how he prays every day and that's all that he has to do for a long time.  And, he told the other people not to listen to us, as well ha.  But, the girlfriend of the brother ended up wanting to take the lessons with us anyways.  So, that was good.  But, the brother and papi didn't want anything to do with the gospel.  But, this week, the memeber talked to us and said that the papi has already had a change of heart.  He realized that we spoke with the Spirit, and everything we said was true.  So, he wants to talk with us again!  I like to say that missionaries are like frying pans.  We have to be there to help people receive the gospel, but all the real work comes from God.  It's Him who converts people and it's Him who changes people's hearts.  I don't have time to write a ton, but I want you to know that I love you!  And, thanks for all that you do and have already done for me!  Thanks, also, for all that you've done to help me be here on my mission!  By helping others, my own testimony has grown incredibly!  Thank you so much!  I love you!

Ua here au ia otou!
My companion and I making coconut juice for poisson cru!

Elder Jessop

Tahitian words of the week:

MATARA- to loose, but it's cool because the Tahitians use if for a remission of sins.  You say, "i te matararaa no te mau hara," or, the loosening of sins.  I like this a lot because its true that our sins bind us and hurt us with guilt and shame, but repentance and baptism loosens the pain through the atonement of Jesus Christ.

TI'AFAAHOU- to resurrect; I like this word because it literally means to rise again :)





The marriage of one of our investigators, Jason, and a member, Reita

No comments:

Post a Comment