Monday, February 17, 2014

Klause's Baptism

Ia Ora Na to'u Utuafare!
My new companion and I doing a service project our first day in
the area

Yeah, I was sad to leave my last sector.  I loved it too much!  But, my new sector is amazing, too!  And I know it's where the Lord wants me to be!  So, my new sector is Taapuna, Punaauia, Tahiti.  It's 45 minutes away from my last sector and is more of a city, aussi.  There aren't really tourists in my sector, but there are where the house is.  It's super weird to see!  I thought it was weird when Carson talked about seeing white people and it being really weird when he was on his mission.  But, now I understand him a lot better ha!  My sector is on the mountainside of Punaauia, so everyone has amazing views of the sunset with the ocean and Moorea.  I speak Tahitian a lot more here than in my old sector, which I wasn't expecting.  Oh, and my new companion is Elder Irihau.  He is from Raiatea and speaks super good Tahitian!  He is way cool and I love him!  

That's such a cool story with the fast!  (We recently had a stake fast for snow and moisture.)  And, I love D&C 82!  It's so true!  The Lord gives us commandments to bless us and, when we obey them, He happily blesses us immediately!  
Klause and his cousin at Klause's baptism

This week, I got to go back to Papeari for a baptism!  I went with my first companion, Elder Fitzsimmons, who is my zone leader now!  His name is Klause Ariiveheataiteraipoiri.  He is 19 years old and got baptized by his cousin, who was baptized by Elder Fitzsimmons last year!  I loved his testimony because the Spirit was so strong and it testified to everyone that he has changed!  We did all of the lessons in one week and baptized him that Saturday!  Normally, we don't ever want to do that!  But, the Spirit guided us, and he really was ready!  The Lord had been preparing him for years and he was ready!  I know that there are our brothers and sisters out there that God has already prepared to receive the gospel and all we need to do is find them.  I love you so much!  I know this church is true!

Ua here au ia outou!

Elder Jessop

No comments:

Post a Comment