Monday, April 14, 2014

There is Always an Answer

Ia ora na to'u utuafare!


Thanks so much for the love and support that you give me!  I'm really so blessed to have such a great family!  I love you!

This week was pretty good.  I started saying sentences in English for my companion to translate in French and it made me sad because I mix things together now ha.  Random French words get thrown in and some English words that aren't right ha.  But, I think I'm improving.  Anyways, this week we had an amazing experience with a couple named Gisele and Jonario.  (Gisele is actually the daughter of Marie and the sister of Henry who were in my old e-mails.)  Anyways, for the last two weeks, we have invited them to read the Book of Mormon and pray to know if it is true, but they hadn't done it yet.  They said that even if they did know, they didn't want to get baptized yet.  But, this week, they did it!  They read, and prayed, and, like always, Heavenly Father answered their prayer!  The very first thing they said to us after we started the lesson was, "We read and prayed and God answered.  We know that the Book of Mormon is true."  So cool!  After, I asked them what the next step was and Gisele said, "Baptism."  After, we invited them to get baptized May 31 (Just for you Carson ha!).  They thought about it for awhile, then said it was too quick and that they weren't ready.  I told them that it's true that they aren't ready now, but we had prayed and we know that they can be ready for May 31.  After, we did a little lesson to talk about how they can prepare and asked them to pray right then to know if they should prepare to get baptized that day.  They were super surprised, but they did it and, like always, Heavenly Father answered their prayers.  They want to get married and baptized May 31.  But, my favorite part was at the end.  Jonario said, "So, are you going to come pick us up Saturday?"  I don't know why, but he thought May 31 was that Saturday haha!  He was ready right then and there.  Two things that I really like with this experience is 1) that God loves us all so much and ALWAYS answers our prayers and 2) we need to decide right now to follow Jesus Christ.  This day is the day to prepare to meet God.  If we put something off until tomorrow, it might never get done.  I know that God is our loving Heavenly Father.  I know he loves us all personally, his children.  I know that Jesus Christ lived, suffered, died, and resurrected for us.  If we choose to follow Him, we can be saved.  I LOVE them!  And, I am so thankful to them!  I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is Christ's church on the earth today.  I know, through Christ and his gospel, we can have an Eternal Family.  I love you so much!  Thanks for all you do for me!  

Ua here au ia outou!


Elder Jessop

No comments:

Post a Comment