Monday, May 12, 2014

Poor in Heart

Iaorana to'u utuafare!

Thanks so much for skype yesterday!  I loved seeing you all and talking to you!  I really can't believe how much Jake, Nick, and Sami have grown!  You're too tall!  Stop haha!  Thanks so much for your support and love!  You are the best!  

So, for this week, Saturday we had a lesson in the morning and then all of our other lessons fell through.  We weren't worried at all because we had a lot of extra people to visit as back up plans, but nobody was home.  Nobody ha.  So, we ended up getting a couple hours free to go do some door to door (sorry I don't know if that's how you say it in English, I just translated it haha).  We wanted to try and find some investigators in that huge area where we don't have investigators or members so that we can kind of open up that area.  But, then we found out that they are almost all rich, French catholics who are not at all interested or accepting ha.  Nobody has door bells, you just yell IAORANA!!! at the gate.  Half the time there would be people there, but they would ignore us and the other half of the time they would come just to tell us to go away ha.  The whole time I just thought of the sermon on the mount in Matthew 5:3.  I'll try to rough translate it in English.  It might say something like: Blessed are the poor in heart, for the kindom of heaven is theirs.  It can be really hard for rich people to accept the gospel because money can harden our hearts and make us think that we don't need God.  It's really hard for them to be poor in heart.  But, the poor in heart are accepting of God and his gospel.  So, it's them who will accept eternal life.  I'm so grateful for all the many blessings that God has given us!  It's absolutely incredible!  I've seen every day on my mission that, without Him, we can do nothing, but, with Him, we can do everything!  I know that God is our Heavenly Father.  I know that Jesus is our Savior!  He lives and He loves us!  I'm thankful for the gospel He has given us, the path that leads to eternal life.  I know that through His gospel we can be an eternal familly!  Thank you so much for all you do!  I love you so much!

Ua here au ia orua!


Elder Jessop

No comments:

Post a Comment