Monday, May 26, 2014

Stronger, Better, Happier

Iaorana to'u utuafare!

A week ago, a 70 came and talked in our stake conference, Elder Pearson.  I got to listen to him Saturday night and then twice Sunday and his talks were great!  He brought a strong spirit with him! Then, this Friday and Saturday, we celebrated the 170th anniversary of the church in French Polynesia.  We got to go watch all the stakes do dances to represent the different islands and cultures on Friday and then we like marched and sang for a little bit during a fireside Saturday.  It was super cool to be able to see some people from my old sector!  And it made me think about how happy I will be to see them after my mission, and even more after this life.  Anyways, I just wanted to share something that Elder Pearson talked about.  During the priesthood meeting, he asked someone to come up that had been baptized, but wasn't a deacon yet, a deacon, a teacher, a priest, his son (just got back from a mission in Spain, but hadn't been released yet, so, he represented missionaries), the translator, and then the stake president.  He talked about how God has given us a pattern to become like Him and as we "lift where we stand" God will help us become something greater and greater, until we become like Him.  He said that we need to help every young person to serve a mission.  He explained that, even though our purpose as a missionnary is to help others, God's purpose for us is to become someone greater so that we can build strong families.  I know that to be true.  I see it every day!  I know that, as we serve the Lord and try our best to do His will, He will build us up and make us stronger, make us better, make us happier for now and for eternity.  Like I said in my last e-mail, I've fallen in love with my ensign haha.  And I really liked a quote in it that Elder Neil L. Andersen said.  He said, "The way you feel in the temple is a pattern for how you want to feel in your life."  I feel like how we feel in the temple with our family is a pattern for how we want to feel in our home.  Like it says in Doctrine and Convenants, God gives us a model for everything.  Sorry this e-mail was really scatter-brained and all over the place ha, but I want you to know that I love our Heavenly Father and I know He loves us.  I know that He gave us His son, Jesus Christ, so that we can become like HIm.  I know that Thomas S. Monson is his prophet today and, if we follow him, we can build an eternal family.  I love you so much!  Thank you so much for giving me the chance to serve a mission and to serve my Heavenly Father!  I know He will help us become an eternal family!  

Ua here au ia outou!

Elder Jessop

No comments:

Post a Comment