Monday, June 2, 2014

Eternal Families

Iaorana to'u utuafare!

Since I have been in my new sector, it has hardly rained.  It rained for a couple weeks at the beginning just because of a cyclone that was a ways out, but, since then, it has just been sunny.  It's supposed to be getting into the "cold season," but, it still seems super nice haha!  I just talked to some Americans at the grocery store, so it's still plenty hot for people to come vacationing.  It was super hard talking to them, though.  After we were done, my companion turned to me and goes, you are so awkward when you speak English ha.

This week, we had a wedding Saturday and they had me be a witness.  So, I sat at the fancy table in the middle and signed a paper haha. The marriage was between two of our investigators, William MATAIO and Roselyne MATAIO.  I love them so much!  We already baptized Roselyne's brother, Noel, his wife, Noella, and their son Noé.  And, we teach William, Roselyne, and her mom, Tetuaura. Their family is one of the families that I am closest to here.  I call Roselyne's mom, Grandma, and she gets the biggest smile ever on her face!  Anyways, it was really cool to see them get baptized, but I was a little sad that their baptism wasn't the same day.  They both smoke and they have cut down a ton, but we are still working on it.  Now, we just get to have another special day for their baptism ha!  I will try to send a picture of them.  Anyways, I really love teaching a big family and watching their house change!  They are all so much different than when we first came there!  God works miracles inside us all, but it's usually little by little, so sometimes we don't even notice it.  But, when you look back at who you were and who you are, you can see how much He has done.  I'm so excited for them all to continue and prepare for their baptisms, but, also for the temple so that they can be an eternal family.  I know that families are really important to our Heavenly Father.  If not, He wouldn't have made them eternal.  I know that by doing the small and simple things, we will prepare ourselves to become an eternal family!  I know that God lives and loves us and He will help us!  I love you so much!  Thanks for all you do for me!  Have a great week!

Ua here au ia outou!


Elder Jessop

No comments:

Post a Comment