Monday, June 9, 2014

The Gospel is not Weight, it's Wings

Iaorana to'u Utuafare!

Remember how I told you about how it hasn't really rained yet in this sector?  Yeah, that just changed haha.  I feel like I'm back in Papeari.  It's really nice though for it to rain.  It's a nice conversation with Tahitians.  You can have a 5 minute Tahitian conversation with them just saying that it's raining haha.

This morning, I got a call.  The boyfriend (Lorenzo) of one of our investigators (Hinano SPITZ) called me this morning to give me some great news!  Him and Hinano have decided to get married the 1 August and he will baptize her!  I have been working with this family for a while and I love them so much!  But, the parents of Hinano were against her marriage and her baptism.  After talking a lot with the mom at family home evenings, she is fine with it.  But, the dad still is against it.  But, Hinano and Lorenzo have decided to stand up for what they know is right, no matter what the consequences will be.  I can't imagine how hard that decision is!  But, they used their courage and faith in Jesus Christ because they know that "The gospel is not WEIGHT, it's WINGS."  Even if the decision will hurt her relationship with her dad in the short run, in the long run it will allow her family to be together forever in God's kingdom.  There are no blessings greater than that.  Every sacrifice is worth it.  Like Hinano and Lorenzo, we need to take courage and be examples for those around us.  Thank you so much for the amazing examples you are for me!  I am so grateful for all that you have done!  I love you so much!  I know that with Jesus Christ, we can become an eternal family.  Sacrifices will be necessary, but oh how it is worth it!  Thanks again!  Love you!  Have a great week!

Ua here au ia outou!

Elder Jessop

No comments:

Post a Comment