Monday, November 4, 2013

Member Missionary Work

Ia Ora Na!

There was a fireside here last night centered on missionary work!  It was powerful!  The members here are really involved in missionary work!  One way that helps a lot of people to accept the gospel here is Family Home Evening with nonmember families.  There is always food and fun times before, so the families are comfortable.  Then, there is just a small, powerful lesson.  It helps others feel the Spirit in a comfortable environment and I've seen people's lives change because of it.

This week, we went to the temple with our ward council and then came back to eat, fast, and do missionary work together.  We split up into different neighborhoods and did a questionnaire with everyone we saw.  There were questions about genealogy, the Book of Mormon, English, and life in general.  It was way good!  We found 39 new references thanks to this activity!  I prayed beforehand to talk to people who were ready to receive the gospel and those who He would want me to talk to.  And, as I talked with each person, I felt the Spirit confirm to me that I was supposed to talk to this person!  It was an amazing experience!

I don't have the time to say all, but we've been trying to help a sister because she wanted her husband to receive the gospel, but he would tell her he didn't want to right now.  We had tried different things, but nothing worked.  I talked with him and he now wants to work to be sealed to his wife and be baptized. I know that there are people out there ready to receive the gospel and, if we ask and work, God will lead us to them!

I know that this church is true!  And I'm so thankful for the happiness it brings to my life!  I'm so blessed!  I love you so much!  Thanks for all you do!  

Ua here au ia outou!

Elder Jessop

No comments:

Post a Comment