Monday, January 27, 2014

A Visit to the Hospital

Ia Ora Na to'u utuafare!

It was super weird for me to just go talk to random people at first, but I did it anyway haha.  Now, it's my favorite thing to do!  I love just talking to people!  I'm still not good at it, but I love it!  It's really what we do all day every day!  Even during lessons, it's just talking with people and trying to help them!  But, my favorite thing to do as a missionary so far is to just go talk to random people in the street about the gospel!  Right now, we have a lot of lessons, so we don't do that as much and I miss it!  You teach the simple truths of the gospel in like 2 minutes that can change their lives for eternity...kind of a big deal!  But, yeah, it's really weird when people don't want it.  We have the best gift to give to them and we know how much it can change their lives.  But, a lot of times they don't understand it and reject it.  I can't imagine buying someone a porsche and them not accepting it.  Yet, the gospel is worth how much more than a car?  

This week, there was a sister that asked me to go to a different city to give her grandpa a blessing.  We called the missionaries and bishops there, but nobody could.  So, we called our zone leaders and I ended up going with another member and I gave the Papi a blessing at the hospital there.  Then, on our way out, the last door that we past was opened slightly and I heard a soft, "Elder?"  I went back and opened the door and he explained that he was a member and wanted a blessing as well.  He had been there for months and had just started praying for the missionaries to come and give him a blessing.  He is in his low thirties and had elephantitis.  We gave him a blessing and the Spirit was super strong!  I felt God's love for them both so strong!  I know that God answered that man's prayer because He loves him! We are all literally children of God and He loves us so much!  He loves when we talk to Him and He loves to help us be happy!  We will always have trials so that we can progress and become more like Him, but He will guide us and help us and we can feel His amazing love!  I love our Heavenly Father so much!  I know He loves us all tellement!  I love you!  And, thanks so much for all you do!

Thanks for the example you are to me!  I know that the service you did and do every day will help someone receive the gospel and eternal life, whether they come now or later!  I love you all so much!  Thanks for all you do!  

Ua here au ia outou!


Elder Jessop

No comments:

Post a Comment