Monday, March 3, 2014

At the Bus Stop

Ia Ora Na tatou!

I'm so excited that you are enjoying the snow!  Make sure to get some good footage with the GoPro ha!  I loved the story with the fast, too!  I've told it to a couple investigators last week!  For p-day today, we sang extra long in town because we start the singing sunday.  After, we went and played rugby and now e-mails.  
This is the granddaughter of one of my investigators at
Papeari!  They're one of my favorite families here!

I love that, "Be Who You Are!"  A couple months ago, we talked a little about the parable of the talents.  It's the same with us and our families/sectors also.  Each sector/family is different and each of us are different and that's the way it's supposed to be!  But, it's how we use what we have the counts, eh?  This week, I wanted to share an OLB that I did ha.  It's open the mouth in French and it's when we just start talking with someone and invite them to meet with us.  I was on a split with Elder Goutin, a French elder that was in the MTC with me.  We didn't have very many lessons, so we went and just talked with people.  I saw an old papi, that's what you call someone once they're of age to be a grandpa, sitting at the bus stop.  I started to talk to him in Tahitian, because he's a papi, and he talked with me, but he wasn't very open.  Then, instead of just standing and talking to him, I sat down right by him and I talked to him about prayer, scriptures, and the restoration.  After, I asked him if we could come back.  Normally, in French I say is there a day that we can come and talk more about these things.  But, Tahitian is a little more frank.  I said what day can we come back haha.  He said simply, "Aaaayyyyyyyaaaa," which is a Tahitian noise for no i don't want to haha.  Then, I testified about the gospel.  Not just that, but for him personally.  One thing I said is I asked him if he wanted eternal life.  Then, I testified that the only way we can obtain that is through the gospel and church of Christ.  I testified that the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is that church and that I was there to help him obtain that.  I told him that I loved him and I put my arm on his shoulder.  I asked again, what day can we come back?  Right now, he was completely focused and you could see the Spirit working in his heart.  After, he gave us the day and time.  I love opportunities like that to help others feel the love of God for them.  It's the Spirit and love that changes everything!  And, it's by the small and simple things that we can show our love to others that makes the difference!  I know that this church is true!  I know that God is our loving Father in Heaven!  I know that He loves us individually so much!  And He is there to help us every step of the way!  I know that God loves me because He gave me you!  You are such a wonderful family!  I love you all so much!  And, I know that Heavenly Father loves you too!  Have an awesome week, eh haha?

Ua here au ia outou!

Elder Jessop

No comments:

Post a Comment