Monday, March 31, 2014

The "Firsts"

Iaorana to'u utuafare! 


Thanks so much for the emails this week! I love hearing from you! Jake, Sami, and Nick, I can't believe you're almost 14! You're all so old ha! Happy Birthday soon! 

I love training my new companion! Elder Moller is so fun ha! It's really weird to look back and think that I was in the same place because it doesn't seem like very long ago. I still feel like I just got here. It's really cool to watch his "firsts" like Carson said. He did really well with his first time eating heart. His first time eating a lot made me realize why I've gained weight haha. He had a really hard time eating it all (couldn't finish) and I could have had another plate and dessert haha. He also had his first lesson, first testimony, and first time inviting someone to be baptized. This opportunity to train has helped me look back on my first days and weeks here. 

Elder Irihau, Elder Moller, and me with our investigators, Noel and Noella
We're really blessed in our area right now. We started low in this sector, too, but now we have a lot of success here. I'm really excited to help the people here and to help my companion learn how to help them and love them! In Alma 37, it talks about how God uses small and simple things to do great things! For me, that's a new missionary. A new missionary doesn't speak the language very well and is a little lost in the new area, but does his best with what he knows. He knows God loves us all, he knows the church is true, and he knows the Book of Mormon changes lives and eternities.  Those small and simple things are powerful enough to move mountains. Always remember that God is our Father and He loves us! 

I love you so much! Thanks for all you do! I pray for you always!

Ua here au ia outou!


Elder Jessop

No comments:

Post a Comment