Monday, March 24, 2014

The Strength to Overcome

Iaorana To'u utuafare!


Thanks so much for the emails and again for the birthday wishes! I love you all so much!

This week we had transfers again. I'm staying and Tuesday I'll get my new companion. His name is Elder Moller. He is from Utah, I think, and he is still in the MTC, so this will be his first area. My companion now leaves in a week to another island, Hau. I'm really excited to form the new missionary and watch him learn to love this people that I love so much! 

Last week, we had a barbecue for the birthdays of me and another elder, Elder Faatau.

Last week, I started teaching a mom and her son, Marie and Henry. I was really touched during one of the lessons. Henry is handicapped, so Marie does everything for him. She does it always with love and patience and never requires anything in return. At the end of our last lesson, I told her that she and Henry are God's children and He loves them. He loves Henry, so He gave him an incredible  mom who would care for him and love him. I told her that God sees everything she does for Henry and He is thankful for all. After, I promised her blessings from God. With tear filled eyes, she looked up at me and said, "Elder, I'm tired. Can I have a blessing for strength?" She didn't wish away her problems, but prays for the strength to overcome them. I'm so thankful that God gave me you for my family to love me and help me. I love you so much! I'm so happy that we can be a family forever! I know that God knows you and loves you! He will help us every step of the way!

Ua here au ia outou!


Elder Jessop

No comments:

Post a Comment