Monday, July 14, 2014

Recharging Our Spiritual Batteries

Iaorana to'u utuafare! Hey family!

I never saw tennis courts in Tahiti until I came here and now I know at least 3 different places that have nice courts haha.  But, there is almost never people playing on them.  I think most Tahitians are sticking to volleyball, ram, and soccer ha.  


Anyways, this week, I got to go to the temple!!!  President Sinjoux didn't have us go to the temple very much; he aways told us that missions are for the living, not the dead.  But, President Bize wants us to go every other month, so excited haha!  We went last week with our zone to help us with our goals for the zone and then Elder Tehanin and I went again this week with our ward missionary leader.  Needless to say, it was a wonderful experience!  We really got a new spiritual force by going.  It was like our spiritual batteries needed to be charged ha.  We had planned to go do a questionnaire in a neighborhood called the mission ha.  It is a pretty poor area and my companion and I felt God had really been preparing the people that live there.  Then, right before we did the questionnaire, I read Alma 32:1 and the first sentence in 2 and I felt even more strongly that there were a lot of people in that specific area that God had prepared for us.  We did the questionnaire and I have never had so many people accept the missionaries.  It was incredible!  The first house said no and to leave before we had said hello, the second was a member, oops, but every house I talked to after that accepted the missionaries...us haha.  This experience really stregthened my testimony of how much this work is really the work of God.  It's His!  (Moses 1:39) Our Heavenly Father is constantly working to help us receive eternal life.  And, He has called us all to help Him accomplish His great and marvelous work!  Jacob 5:71-72: I love in these verses that God is working, we are choosing to work with Him.  God had already been preparing all of those people and, through us, He will help them receive eternal life.  I know that God has prepared and is preparing people and, if we choose to serve Him, we can help God help those people have eternal life.  I know, also, that God is helping each one of us.  I know He loves us.  I know He loves you!  I love you!  And I love Him!  Thanks so much for all that you do!  Have a great summer week!

Ua here au ia outou!


Elder Jessop

No comments:

Post a Comment